Want to Incorporate?
Many physicians incorporate their medical practices for financial and legal reasons. Ensure you are aware of conditions and requirements under the Business Corporations Act and the Health Professions Act (HPA).
As we cannot provide legal advice, we recommend you consult with a lawyer or accountant with expertise in incorporation.
Click on tabs to alternate between how to set up your PC and FAQs:
- Refer to the CPSA Bylaws for information on naming your professional corporation and other requirements for incorporating a medical practice.
- Contact your lawyer or accountant for advice.
- All Articles of Incorporation must be signed by the physician or physicians who are the incorporator(s).
- Submit Articles of Incorporation by email or mail for College endorsement BEFORE submitting them to Alberta Corporate Registry. Allow up to 10 business days for processing. All CPSA endorsed articles will be emailed to the requester in Portable Document Format (PDF). This format is accepted by Alberta Registry Offices.
- Once Alberta Corporate Registry has established/continued/amended/amalgamated your professional corporation, submit the following to the College by email ProfessionalCorporations@cpsa.ab.ca or mail:
- Completed Professional Corporation Application (PCA) Form
- A copy of the certificate of incorporation/continuation/amendment/amalgamation (as applicable), AND
- Payment for fees owing (amount indicated on the letter sent to you by the College with your endorsed Articles of Incorporation), by cheque or completed Credit Card Payment Form.
- Please note: if sending via email, documents must be a colour scan of the original.
For more information, please refer to: