Annual Renewal for 2017 is now open!
Watch your email inbox for more information.
*Does not apply to physician extenders, postgraduate trainees or undergraduate medical students
Only physicians registered with the College and holding a valid practice permit can practise medicine in Alberta. Physicians renew their practice permit annually by:
- paying an annual fee
- confirming possession of liability coverage/insurance, and
- completing of the annual Registration Information Form (RIF)
How To Renew
- LOG IN to your physician portal to complete your Registration Information Form (RIF) and, if applicable, any Professional Corporation Information Forms (PCIF) by Dec. 31 each year.*
- CHOOSE a payment option and submit.
- PRINT your receipt and practice permit from your physician portal 3 business days after you submit your completed form and payment. (No practice permit will be issued if you are retiring or withdrawing from practice on or before Dec. 31)
* For PCs with multiple shareholders: Only the designated physician will see the PC renewal information. Once completed, the PC permit and receipt will be posted to the physician portal of ALL shareholders.