Insurance Act Regulations
The Government of Alberta’s Insurance Act – Minor Injury Regulation requires physicians to apply to the College for approval as a Certified Examiner and/or Injury Management Consultant. Application forms and further information can be found below.
All registered Certified Examiners and Injury Management Consultants must ensure that their contact information is up-to-date with the College.
Changes or resignations must be submitted in writing to the College at:
College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA)
2700, 10020 – 100 Street NW
Edmonton AB T5J 0N3
Phone: 780-969-4928| 1-800-561-3899 (in Canada) ext. 4928
- Reasonable efforts must be made by a Certified Examiner to schedule an assessment within 30 days of referral.
- The claimant must be provided with written notice of the time, date and location for the assessment.
- Certified Examiner responsibilities (Minor Injury Regulation)
Injury Management Consultants
Government of Alberta Insurance Act & Regulations
- Insurance Legislation
- Updates can be found on the Alberta Superintendent of Insurance website under Insurance News
- Information for Health Care Practitioners – Insurance legislation and Associated Regulations
Contact – Government of Alberta
Should you have any questions, please contact the Superintendent of Insurance at (780) 427-8322 or by email at TBFInsurance@gov.ab.ca