Insurance Act Regulations
The Government of Alberta’s Insurance Act – Minor Injury Regulation requires physicians to apply to the College for approval as a Certified Examiner and/or Injury Management Consultant. Application forms and further information can be found below.
All registered Certified Examiners and Injury Management Consultants must ensure that their contact information is up-to-date with the College.
Changes or resignations must be submitted in writing to the College at:
College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA)
2700, 10020 – 100 Street NW
Edmonton AB T5J 0N3
Phone: 780-969-4928| 1-800-561-3899 (in Canada) ext. 4928
Superintendent of Insurance Updates:
Certified Examiners and Injury Management Consultants are reminded to refer to the government’s website for healthcare practitioners for updates and information. Physicians can also subscribe to one of the government’s distribution lists for regular updates: subscription page.
- Reasonable efforts must be made by a Certified Examiner to schedule an assessment within 30 days of referral.
- The claimant must be provided with written notice of the time, date and location for the assessment.
- Certified Examiner responsibilities (Minor Injury Regulation)
Injury Management Consultants
Government of Alberta Insurance Act & Regulations
- Insurance Legislation
- Updates can be found on the Alberta Superintendent of Insurance website under Insurance News
- Information for Health Care Practitioners – Insurance legislation and Associated Regulations
Contact – Government of Alberta
Should you have any questions, please contact the Superintendent of Insurance at (780) 427-8322 or by email at TBFInsurance@gov.ab.ca