Depending on your specific qualifications, you may be eligible for one of the following:
- Independent Practice
- Supervised Practice – Alberta Clinical and Surgical Assistant Program
- Medical Practice Observation and Experience
- Residency Training via:
Alberta International Medical Graduates (AIMG) Program – Provides graduates of medical schools outside Canada and the U.S. with access to Alberta postgraduate residency training in Family Medicine or Specialty disciplines.
Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) – Works with the medical education community, medical schools and students to coordinate postgraduate medical training throughout Canada.
To be eligible for any Alberta medical practice permit, you must:
- provide evidence of English language proficiency
- have an acceptable medical or osteopathic degree
- be applying for or have completed appropriate postgraduate training
- must meet all requirements of specific register