The College conducts a Review of Qualifications for every candidate wanting to apply for an Alberta practice permit. The Review of Qualifications is a pre-screening process. If you are deemed eligible to apply, you will be granted access to the complete application.
There is a $200 (Cdn) non-refundable fee plus applicable taxes for the Review of Qualifications. This fee must be paid when you submit your Review of Qualifications through physiciansapply.
The Review of Qualifications includes the following information:
- Canadian medical examinations completed (ie: LMCC, MCCEE, CCFP, CCFP (EM), FRCP(C), FRCS(C))
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Medical education history
- Documents related to all postgraduate medical training
- Medical certifications
- Other medical qualifications
- Practice history
If you are deemed eligible to apply, you will be granted access to the complete application in physiciansapply. If not, you will be advised you are ineligible to apply at this time and will not be contacted further by this College.
NOTE: Graduates of international medical training programs will need to have their credentials source verified by physiciansapply if granted access to the complete application.