If you are interested in an Alberta residency, fellowship or elective program, you must obtain approval from one the following BEFORE the College can register you:
- University of Alberta Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) Office
Phone: 1-780-492-9722 or email: email@example.com
- University of Calgary Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) Office
Phone: 1-403-210-7984 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact a university PGME office directly for information on available programs.
Once in a PGME program:
- The university will add your name to the postgraduate tracking system.
- You will receive an email entitled “Welcome to the Postgraduate Training Licence Tracking System”. Read this email carefully, as it provides important links and information about applying for registration.
- If you obtained your medical degree or training outside Canada, you must provide evidence of English Language Proficiency AND have your medical credentials verified through physiciansapply.ca
- If you need to change the start date and/or end date of your program, please contact the PGME office directly. The College cannot make any changes until notified by the university