Labour Mobility Agreements

You must have an Alberta medical practice permit to practise medicine in Alberta. You cannot use a permit or licence issued by another jurisdiction.

However, Canada’s labour mobility agreements may make it easier for physicians already licensed in another Canadian province or territory to become registered here.


How to Apply

  • When applying under the CFTA or NWPTA, you must still complete the full application process for an Alberta Medical Practice Permit.
  • We will consider your eligibility under CFTA/NWPTA criteria and the Health Professions Act, whichever is of most benefit to you.