Election of three (3) members to the Council of the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta will take place on November 15, 2017. Newly elected councillors will begin their terms January 1, 2018.
Councillors whose terms expire on December 31, 2017, are:
- Doctors Graham Campbell (Calgary) and Tarek Motan (Edmonton) – both will have completed their first terms; eligible to re-run
- Maeve O’Beirne (Calgary) – will have completed her second term; ineligible to re-run
A regulated member on the General Register, the Provisional Register or the Limited Practice Register, (whether a physician, surgeon, osteopath or physician assistant) may stand for nomination, be a nominator and vote in an election only if:
- no fees, costs, fines, assessments, levies, or any other sums are owing by the member to the College;
- the member has a valid and current practice permit that is not currently suspended; and
- the member is in compliance with all orders or directions made pursuant to the Act.
Furthermore, a regulated member who:
- is currently subject to an undertaking, a condition imposed under section 55 or 65, or a direction under section 118 of the Act; or
- has been formally charged with unprofessional conduct that has not yet been determined by a Hearing Tribunal; or
- has been found guilty of unprofessional conduct within the preceding ten (10) years
is not eligible to be nominated for or elected as a member of Council.
Nominations will be accepted only on the nomination form.
A nomination form will be valid if it is signed by three (3) other regulated members eligible to vote and by the nominee indicating acceptance of the nomination before returning it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the format to submit a typed profile for circulation with the ballot paper. The profile cannot exceed one page and may be subject to editing.