October 2 – December 1, 2017
Click the links below to read the draft standards and submit your comments using on online form:
- Direction & Control of a Medical Practice (draft amendment)**
- Sexual Boundary Violations (draft amendment)
You can also submit your feedback by survey, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta, Consultation 013, 2700 10020 – 100 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3. All feedback is subject to the College’s Privacy Statement.
Once the consultation period closes on December 1, 2017, all feedback will be compiled and presented non-nominally (without identifying information) to Council for consideration.
Thank you for participating in this consultation.
**Note: The Practice in Association standard of practice will be rescinded upon approval of the Direction and Control of a Medical Practice amendment for these reasons:
- The Practice in Association standard no longer reflects the reality of medical practice
- No legal concerns have been identified if the standard is rescinded.
- No other Canadian province has a similar standard.
- Portions of the standard that are still relevant have been incorporated into the Direction and Control of a Medical Practice draft amendment.