Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) refers to a group of diverse medical and healthcare systems, practices, and products not currently considered as conventional medicine.Application for Approval – Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Note: Approval from the College does not mean the College endorses the complementary and alternative medicine. It simply means a physician has met the conditions outlined above.
CAM therapies may include: (sample list only)
- Bioelectromagnetic Applications
- Diet/Nutrition/Lifestyle Changes
- Mind/Body Control
- Pharmacological and Biological Treatments
- Structural and Energetic Therapies
- Traditional and Ethnomedicine
While scientific evidence exists regarding some CAM therapies, for most there are unanswered questions, including whether these therapies are safe and/or effective.
Physicians who wish to provide complementary and alternative medicine to a patient must:
- Apply to the College for approval
- Provide evidence they have met the College’s requirements for training and standards of practice and are aware of any safety issues related to complementary and alternative medicine.
Please refer to Approvals under Physician Search to locate physicians with these approvals