The role of the patient advocate is to help you understand our complaints process and how it applies to your situation.
When you call, a Patient Advocate will:
- Listen to your specific complaint
- Ask questions to clarify and better understand your complaint
- Discuss what options are available to resolve your concerns
If you decide to lodge a formal complaint with us, the Patient Advocate will:
- Provide you with a Complaint Reporting Form and Release of Information Form
- Meet with you in person to discuss your complaint, if required
- Answer your questions throughout the complaints process
- Attend meetings with you at the College and provide debriefs
- Discuss and clarify any information you may receive from us
Conversations with a Patient Advocate are confidential
- Telephone 780-423-4764 or 1-800-661-4689 (in Canada) during regular business hours — Monday to Friday, 8:15 AM – 4:15 PM (MST).