The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta is seeking a Registered Nurse(s) or Licensed Practice Nurse(s) to participate in accreditation assessments of Non-Hospital Surgical Facilities (NHSF) as an Assessment Coordinator. In addition to coordinating assessments, the successful applicant will serve as a key team member in ensuring compliance with College assessment standards and processes.
This part-time contract position will require travel to urban facilities across the province.
- Current registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses (CARNA) or College of Licensed Practice Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA)
- More than 5 years of experience in an operating room/recovery setting
- Formal Infection Prevention and Control knowledge and experience
- Hold a valid Alberta driver’s license and a reliable personal vehicle
- Management experience in a healthcare setting
- Experience with Quality Systems Management is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of surgical standards and guidelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer services and collaborative skills
- Use of Microsoft Office programs at an intermediate to advanced level
- Own and maintain a cell phone and personal computer with current MS compatible software and security capability.
- Scheduling and performing on-site assessments of assigned facilities
- Act as a primary resource for assessment team members and facilities
- Gathering data from assessment team members and compiling a final report in the format and time frame set out by the accreditation program.
- Attend scheduled meetings of the NHSF advisory committee to present and answer questions regarding assessment reports (3 – 4 per year), and other CPSA scheduled meetings as requested.
- Continued professional development to maintain currency in NHSF accreditation.
- Review facility assessment responses and required evidence of compliance and make recommendations to the Advisory Committee on acceptability and/or further follow-up action.
The time commitment for this position is estimated to be 10 – 20 days per year. Remuneration is competitive.
This position offers independent-minded, quality-focused professionals an exciting opportunity in a growing area of healthcare regulation. Provincial geographical representation will be a consideration in the selection of the successful candidates. Please note: This is a contract position with no set end date.
Please submit your resume and two letters of reference from colleagues by February 28, 2018 to:
Ms. Arla Maier, Program Manager
Clinical Accreditation Services
College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
#2700 10020 – 100 Street NW
Edmonton AB T5J 0N3