We provide Certificates of Professional Conduct (CPC) for registered physicians on request.
- $100 for the first certificate; $25 for each additional certificate requested at the same time (plus tax)
- Requests submitted separately will each be charged the $100 initial fee
- Certificates are provided at no cost for medical residents currently registered with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (Provisional Register – Postgraduate Training)
How to request your certificate
No costs for medical students
Certificates are provided at no cost for medical residents currently registered with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (Provisional Register – Postgraduate Training)
- Complete, print and sign the Consent for a Certificate of Professional Conduct Form. Use the Fee and Payment Instruction Sheet to calculate the total fee, and email a scanned copy of the Consent form with a signed Credit Card Payment form authorizing payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CPCs are sent by secure (password-protected) email to organizations with which we have email agreements. This includes every provincial medical regulatory authority in Canada, the College of Family Physicians of Canada, General Medical Council (U.K.), Medical Council of New Zealand and Health Professions Council of South Africa. Other organizations will be mailed a printed certificate, and sent an emailed copy at your request.
- CPCs are usually sent within 15 business days.
- No, we are NOT able to expedite requests for CPCs. You can however arrange to have a courier pick up your certificate when it is ready. Otherwise we send it via regular mail. Please note courier costs are NOT included in the fees.
- As long as you are currently registered as a postgraduate trainee with this College you do not have to pay for your CPC. There is also no charge for physicians requesting a CPC within two months of completing their postgraduate training, if they have transferred to another register in Alberta.
- Not if you request all of the CPCs on the same day. In this case, you will be charged the full fee for only the first CPC and $25 for each additional CPC (plus applicable GST/HST). However, if you submit separate requests on subsequent days, the full fee will apply to each.
- Yes. For details, please refer to the Understandings and Consent section of the Consent Form.