Good Medical Practice – It’s What We’re All About
ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
Vestibular testing accreditation standards ensure patient safety and quality care in facilities performing this service. The College accredits private vestibular testing facilities where diagnostic tests are interpreted by CPSA members.
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
- Friday, November 2, 2018
Committee Sharepoint Sites:
Learn more about the Advisory Committee on Neurophysiology
Register a New Facility
If you would like to perform vestibular testing in your facility, you must be accredited.
Download and fill out the Vestibular Testing New Facility form to start the accreditation process.
Apply to interpret vestibular testing
Applicants must specialize in neurology or otolaryngology and have the minimum equivalent of one year of extra training in neurotology.
Update your facility information
Are you planning to…
- move or change the name of your facility?
- offer new tests or procedures?
- hire a new Medical Director?
- change the contact information for your facility?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to notify us. Update your facility information
2017/2018 Vestibular Testing Fees
General Fees (for facilities registering for the first time)
|Registration fee||$300 + GST|
Annual Fees (all facilities must pay annually)
|Annual fee||$1775.00 + GST|
- Facilities that close between January 1 and March 31 are refunded 65% of the total fee.
- Facilities that open between October 1 and December 31 are invoiced 35% of the total fee.
Assessment Fees (as required)
|Vestibular testing facility||$2,250.00 + GST|
|Post renovation/move||$670.00 + GST|
|Assessment rescheduling fee||$500.00 + GST|
Added Service Fees
- Fees for Added Services are based on cost recovery (i.e. time spent on review, travel, etc.) + a 6% administration fee + GST.
About accreditation standards
CPSA accreditation standards are developed based on input from field experts, best practice and research identified by other regulators, standard setting bodies and industry associations. These standards ensure Alberta’s vestibular testing facilities meet or exceed safety and quality standards.