You’re a health professional who knows was a well-run Sleep Medicine facility should look like.
Use your knowledge to earn continuing competence credits and compensation! Apply today to become a Sleep Medicine Assessment Coordinator for the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA).
At the end of 2017, CPSA Council approved new standards for diagnostics Sleep Medicine facilities in Alberta. We’re looking for part-time Assessment Coordinators to help us roll out the standards province-wide starting summer 2018. Assessment Coordinators are the key to ensuring every facility in Alberta understands and uses the new standards and processes.
Your time is valuable!
This continuing competency opportunity also pays a generous wage for your time and covers travel costs. You can expect to spend anywhere from several days to a few weeks per year assessing facilities. There will also be some travel to urban or rural facilities across Alberta.
How to tell if this is right for you:
- You are a Polysomnographic Technologist (PSGT), Somnologist - Technologist (ESRS), RRT-SDS (NBRC) or a regulated health professional with active registration with your regulatory college and more than 3 months supervised experience/training in an accredited polysomnography service in Alberta (examples below).
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- ENP or EEG Technologist
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- You have more than 5 years of experience in sleep medicine
- You are a senior or lead technologist
- You have a valid Alberta drivers’ license
- You work well with people and are a strong communicator
- You understand Sleep Medicine standards and Quality Management
- You are organized and have solid time management and observational skills
- You have some experience in a Level 1 sleep facility (preferred)
If you’re the right person for this work, we’d love to hear from you. Submit a resume/CV below