You’re a health professional who knows was a well-run Pulmonary Function Lab should look like.
Use your knowledge to earn continuing competence credits and compensation! Apply today to become a PFT Assessment Coordinator for the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA).
At the end of 2017, CPSA Council approved new standards for Pulmonary Function facilities in Alberta. We’re looking for part-time Assessment Coordinators to help us roll out the standards province-wide starting summer 2018. Assessment Coordinators are the key to ensuring every facility in Alberta understands and uses the new standards and processes.
Your time is valuable!
This continuing competency opportunity also pays a generous wage for your time and covers travel costs. You can expect to spend anywhere from several days to a few weeks per year assessing facilities. There will also be some travel to urban or rural facilities across Alberta.
How to tell if this is right for you:
- You are a Registered Respiratory Therapist with active registration with the Alberta College and Association of Respiratory Therapists of Alberta (CARTA) and more than 3 months supervised experience/training in an accredited PFT lab in Alberta or are an individual that holds active registration with the Canadian Association of Cardio Pulmonary Technology (CACPT) with a pulmonary or combined cardio/pulmonary registration.
- You have more than 5 years of experience in pulmonary function testing
- You are a senior or lead technologist
- You have a valid Alberta drivers’ license
- You work well with people and are a strong communicator
- You understand Pulmonary Function standards and Quality Management
- You are organized and have solid time management and observational skills
If you’re the right person for this work, we’d love to hear from you. Submit a resume/CV below