Good Medical Practice – It’s What We’re All About
ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
Neurodiagnostics accreditation standards ensure patient safety and quality care in facilities performing EEG, Tele-EEG, EMG and EP.
The College accredits private and public neurodiagnostics facilities where tests are interpreted by CPSA members.
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
The Advisory Committee on Neurodiagnostics oversees the College's accreditation of facilities performing EEG, Tele-EEG, EMG and EP.
Friday, May 8, 2020(CANCELLED)
- Friday, November 6, 2020
Physicians must have approval to interpret Neurodiagnostics in Alberta
Physicians must meet specific qualifications and have approval to interpret neurodiagnostics in Alberta. These qualifications vary depending on the physician’s speciality and the type of tests they will interpret.
All physicians applying to become the Medical Director of a facility must have current approval to interpret neurodiagnostics .
Learn more about the qualifications & apply for Physician Approval
Register a New Facility
If you would like to offer neurodiagnostics (EEG, EMG or EP) in your facility, your facility must be registered and accredited with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta.
Download and fill out the Neurodiagnostics New Facility Application form to start the accreditation process.
Changes to Your Facility?
Are you planning to…
- move or change the name of your facility?
- offer new tests or procedures?
- hire a new Medical Director?
- change the contact information for your facility?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you need to notify us of these changes. Update your facility information
As of April 1, 2019, the annual fee cycle for accredited facilities has changed to a fiscal billing cycle (April 1 – March 31). Assessment fees will be invoiced in the same quarter your facility was assessed. Questions about your fees? Contact us at email@example.com.
General Fees (for facilities registering for the first time)
|Registration fee||$300.00 +GST|
- Facilities that close between April 1 and June 30 are refunded 65% of the total fee.
- Facilities that open between January 1 and March 31 of are invoiced 35% of the total fee.
|1 discipline||$1901.00 +GST|
|2 disciplines||$3622.00 +GST|
|3 disciplines||$5433.00 +GST|
|Mobile services *||$525.00 +GST|
|Vestibular services||$1775.00 +GST|
Assessment Fees (as required)
|1 discipline||$2656.00 +GST|
|2 disciplines||$3452.00 +GST|
|3 disciplines||$3983.00 +GST|
|Mobile services*||$105.00 +GST|
|Vestibular services||$2250.00 +GST|
Added Service Fees
• Fee for rescheduling an assessment is $500 +GST
• Fee for post renovations/facility moves is $670 +GST• Late payment penalty is $250 +GST
• Fees for Added Services are based on cost recovery (i.e. time spent on review, travel, etc.) + a 6% administration fee + GST.
• Additional fees may apply if extra assessors are required due to the facility size or scope, or if out-of-province assessors are required.
*If you would like to add mobile services to an existing facility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Neurodiagnostics Standards & Guidelines
CPSA accreditation standards are developed based on input from field experts, best practice and research identified by other regulators, standard setting bodies and industry associations. These standards ensure Alberta’s neurodiagnostics labs meet or exceed safety and quality standards for the performance of EEG, EMG and EP.
Review the CPSA Neurodiagnostics Standards: