Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Good Medical Practice – It’s What We’re All About
ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
Under the Health Professions Act, the College is responsible for ensuring patient safety and quality care in Alberta’s Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) facilities by setting standards for all aspects of quality and operations.
We conduct on-site assessments when facilities open and reassess on a four-year cycle. We also reassess if a facility adds a new service, renovates, moves or a concern is brought forward.
Register a new facility
All private facilities offering medical HBOT must register and maintain accreditation with the College.
Download and complete a New Facility Application to submit for approval.
Apply for approval to offer and supervise HBOT
Applicants must be specialists in anesthesiology or maintain a current certificate in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). You must also have completed a 40-hour course approved by the Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society.
Update your facility information
Are you planning to…
- Move or change the name of your facility?
- Offer new tests or procedures?
- Hire a new Medical Director?
- Change the contact information for your facility?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to notify us. Update your facility information
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy fees
As of April 1, 2019, the annual fee cycle for accredited facilities has changed to a fiscal billing cycle (April 1 – March 31). Assessment fees will be invoiced in the same quarter your facility was assessed. Questions about your fees? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Fees (for facilities registering for the first time)
|Registration fee||$300.00 +GST|
- Facilities that close between April 1 and June 30 are refunded 65% of the total fee.
- Facilities that open between January 1 and March 31 of are invoiced 35% of the total fee.
|HBOT facility||$1296.00 +GST|
Assessment Fees (as required)
|HBOT facility||$2415.00 +GST|
Added Service Fees
• Fee for rescheduling an assessment is $500 +GST
• Fee for post renovations/facility moves is $670 +GST
• Late payment penalty is $250 +GST
• Additional fees may apply if extra assessors are required due to the facility size or scope, or if out-of-province assessors are required.
About our standards
CPSA accreditation standards are developed based on input from field experts, best practice and research identified by other regulators, standard setting bodies and industry associations. These standards ensure Alberta’s HBOT facilities meet or exceed safety and quality standards for the performance of HBOT services.