Good Medical Practice – It’s What We’re All About
ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
The College ensures patient care and safety by setting standards for diagnostic imaging (DI) services, personnel and equipment. The Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation process is a peer review process that ensures accuracy and reliability of imaging services in Alberta.
We conduct on-site assessments when facilities open and reassess on a four-year cycle. We also reassess if a facility adds a new service, renovates, moves, or if a concern is brought forward.
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019
- Wednesday, April 24, 2019
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Relevant Sharepoint Sites:
Learn more about the Advisory Committee on Diagnostic Imaging
The Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation process is a peer review process that ensures accuracy and reliability of imaging services in Alberta.
DI Accreditation program guide
All facilities performing diagnostic imaging services must be re-assessed every 4 years. To learn more about the 4-year accreditation cycle, download the Accreditation Program Guide
New/relocating facilities program guide
If you’ve already applied to start the accreditation process, we recommend reviewing the program guide for new and relocating facilities.
CHANGES TO YOUR FACILITY?
Are you planning to…
- move or change the name of your facility?
- offer new imaging services?
- change in Medical Director?
- change the contact information for your facility?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you need to notify us. Update your facility information
Diagnostic Imaging Fees
General Fees (for facilities registering for the first time)
|Registration Fee||$300 + GST|
- Facilities that close between January 1 and March 31 are refunded 65% of the total fee.
- Facilities that open between October 1 and December 31 of are invoiced 35% of the total fee.
Assessment Fees (as required)
|1 Modality||$2,550 + GST|
|2 Modalities||$2,970 + GST|
|3 Modalities||$3,390 + GST|
|4 Modalities||$3,810 + GST|
|5 Modalities||$4,230 + GST|
|6 Modalities||$4,650 + GST|
|7 Modalities||$5,070 + GST|
|8 Modalities||$5,490 + GST|
|9 Modalities||$5,910 + GST|
|10 Modalities||$6,330 + GST|
|11 Modalities||$6,750 + GST|
• Fee for rescheduling an assessment is $500 + GST
• Fee for post renovations/new facilities/facility moves is $670 + GST
• Additional fees may apply if extra assessors are required due to the facility size or scope, or if out-of-province assessors are required.
Please be aware that, due to unforeseen circumstances, the issuance of invoices for CPSA Annual Fees for the 2019 calendar year is deferred until the second quarter of 2019. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
RESOURCES FOR FACILITIES THAT NEED ASSESSMENT
Once accredited, DI facilities must be re-assessed every four years. Additionally, assessments must be conducted before opening a new facility, adding a modality, relocating or completing major renovations.
Currently undergoing Assessment?
Transfer files and documents safely and securely via SharePoint. Log in using your CPSA-provided credentials.
Are you a physician who wants to perform and interpret DI services?
Some DI modalities have different training and approval requirements, all of which must be met before a physician can perform or interpret DI services.
No onsite imaging specialist?
If your facility Medical Director is not an imaging specialist, your facility must meet certain criteria. Download and read the requirements.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Computed Tomography (CT)
- Ultrasound Excluding Echocardiography
- Ultrasound Restricted Cardiologists for Carotid Doppler
- Ultrasound Restricted Urologists (Prostatic Ultrasound)
- Ultrasound Restricted
(all other physicians)
Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
BECOME AN ASSESSOR
We’re always looking for registered professionals to help assess DI facilities. Use your knowledge to ensure patient safety province-wide, earn Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits and compensation.
Help us accredit DI facilities. Apply today
ABOUT OUR STANDARDS
CPSA accreditation standards are developed based on input from field experts, best practice and research identified by other regulators and standard setting bodies . These standards ensure Alberta’s DI facilities meet or exceed safety and quality standards for performance of DI services. Access the standards by registering your facility for assessment.
Our standards review process
Do you have a suggestion to improve patient safety and quality care in Alberta facilities? Complete and submit a Standards Revision Request Form ensuring:
- the specific standards or section (if your suggestion applies to multiple standards) are identified
- verifiable references (including a link or attachment) are provided
- the request applies to all diagnostic imaging facilities across Alberta (not limited to organization- specific practice)
- contact information is included (in case further clarification is necessary)