Good Medical Practice – It’s What We’re All About
ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
The College ensures patient care and safety by setting standards for diagnostic imaging (DI) services, personnel and equipment. The Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation process is a peer review process that ensures accuracy and reliability of imaging services in Alberta.
We conduct on-site assessments when facilities open and reassess on a four-year cycle. We also reassess if a facility adds a new service, renovates, moves, or if a concern is brought forward.
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
Wednesday, May 27, 2020- CANCELLED
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020 - Zoom Meeting
- Wednesday, September 30, 2020
- Wednesday, November 25, 2020
Relevant Sharepoint Sites:
The Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation process is a peer review process that ensures accuracy and reliability of imaging services in Alberta.
DI Accreditation program guide
All facilities performing diagnostic imaging services must be re-assessed every 4 years. To learn more about the 4-year accreditation cycle, download the Accreditation Program Guide
New/relocating facilities program guide
If you’ve already applied to start the accreditation process, we recommend reviewing the program guide for new and relocating facilities.
CHANGES TO YOUR FACILITY?
Are you planning to…
- move or change the name of your facility?
- offer new imaging services?
- change in Medical Director?
- change the contact information for your facility?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you need to notify us. Update your facility information
Diagnostic Imaging Fees
As of April 1, 2019, the annual fee cycle for accredited facilities has changed to a fiscal billing cycle (April 1 – March 31). Assessment fees will be invoiced in the same quarter your facility was assessed. Questions about your fees? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Fees (for facilities registering for the first time)
|Registration Fee||$300.00 +GST|
Facility annual fees for new or closed facilities are calculated based on the number of months the facility is or has been operational during our billing cycle.
|1 Modality||$789.00 +GST|
|2 Modalities||$1577.00 +GST|
|3+ Modalities||$4731.00 +GST|
|Mobile Imaging Services||$106.00 +GST|
Assessment Fees (as required)
|1 Modality||$2678.00 +GST|
|2 Modalities||$3078.00 +GST|
|3 Modalities||$3478.00 +GST|
|4 Modalities||$3878.00 +GST|
|5 Modalities||$4278.00 +GST|
|6 Modalities||$4678.00 +GST|
|7 Modalities||$5078.00 +GST|
|8 Modalities||$5478.00 +GST|
|9 Modalities||$5878.00 +GST|
|10 Modalities||$6278.00 +GST|
|11 Modalities||$6678.00 +GST|
Added Service Fees
• Fee for rescheduling an assessment is $500 +GST
• Fee for post renovations/facility moves is $670 +GST
• Late payment penalty is $250 +GST
• Additional fees may apply if extra assessors are required due to the facility size or scope, or if out-of-province assessors are required.
RESOURCES FOR FACILITIES THAT NEED ASSESSMENT
Once accredited, DI facilities must be re-assessed every four years. Additionally, assessments must be conducted before opening a new facility, adding a modality, relocating or completing major renovations.
Currently undergoing Assessment?
Transfer files and documents safely and securely via SharePoint. Log in using your CPSA-provided credentials.
Are you a physician who wants to perform and interpret DI services?
Some DI modalities have different training and approval requirements, all of which must be met before a physician can perform or interpret DI services.
No onsite imaging specialist?
If your facility Medical Director is not an imaging specialist, your facility must meet certain criteria. Download and read the requirements.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Computed Tomography (CT)
- Ultrasound Excluding Echocardiography
- Ultrasound Restricted Cardiologists for Carotid Doppler
- Ultrasound Restricted Urologists (Prostatic Ultrasound)
- Ultrasound Restricted
(all other physicians)
Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
BECOME AN ASSESSOR
We’re always looking for registered professionals to help assess DI facilities. Use your knowledge to ensure patient safety province-wide, earn Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits and compensation.
Help us accredit DI facilities. Apply today
ABOUT OUR STANDARDS
CPSA accreditation standards are developed based on input from field experts, best practice and research identified by other regulators and standard setting bodies . These standards ensure Alberta’s DI facilities meet or exceed safety and quality standards for performance of DI services. Access the standards by registering your facility for assessment.
Our standards review process
Do you have a suggestion to improve patient safety and quality care in Alberta facilities? Complete and submit a Standards Revision Request Form ensuring:
- the specific standards or section (if your suggestion applies to multiple standards) are identified
- verifiable references (including a link or attachment) are provided
- the request applies to all diagnostic imaging facilities across Alberta (not limited to organization- specific practice)
- contact information is included (in case further clarification is necessary)