Cardiac Exercise Stress Testing
Good Medical Practice – It’s What We’re All About
ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
Cardiac Exercise Stress Testing (CEST) accreditation standards ensure patient safety and quality care in facilities performing this testing. The College accredits private CEST facilities where diagnostic tests are interpreted by CPSA members.
REGISTER A NEW FACILITY
If you would like to offer CEST, your facility must be accredited.
Download and fill out the New Facility Application form to start the accreditation process.
PHYSICIANS NEED APPROVAL TO INTERPRET CEST IN ALBERTA
In order to interpret CEST in private facilities in Alberta, applicants must have approval from the College.
CHANGES TO YOUR FACILITY?
Are you planning to…
- Move or change the name of your facility?
- Offer new tests or procedures?
- Hire a new Medical Director?
- Change the contact information for your facility?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you need to notify us. Update your facility information
Report an incident
If there has been a CEST-related death or incident requiring cardiopulmonary resuscitation in your facility, you must report the incident to the College within two weeks.
As of April 1, 2019, the annual fee cycle for accredited facilities has changed to a fiscal billing cycle (April 1 – March 31). Assessment fees will be invoiced in the same quarter your facility was assessed. Questions about your fees? Contact us at email@example.com.
General Fees (for facilities registering for the first time)
|Registration fee||$300.00 +GST|
- Facilities that close between April 1 and June 30 are refunded 65% of the total fee.
- Facilities that open between January 1 and March 31 of are invoiced 35% of the total fee.
|CEST facility||$1263.00 +GST|
Assessment Fees (as required)
|CEST facility||$2040.00 +GST|
Added Service Fees
• Fees for Added Services are based on cost recovery (i.e. time spent on review, travel, etc.) + a 6% administration fee +GST.
• Fee for rescheduling an assessment is $500 +GST• Fee for post renovations/facility moves is $670 +GST• Late payment penalty is $250 +GST• Additional fees may apply if extra assessors are required due to the facility size or scope, or if out-of-province assessors are required.
About our standards
CPSA accreditation standards are developed based on input from field experts, best practice and research identified by other regulators, standard setting bodies and industry associations. These standards ensure Alberta’s CEST labs meet or exceed safety and quality standards.