Information for Media
Kelly Eby, 780-969-4973 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Donna Call, 780-969-4985 or email@example.com
- CPSA rolls out new prescribing rules to help combat opioid crisis (March 3, 2017)
- CPSA hosts prescribing forum to discuss solutions to opioid crisis (October 24, 2016)
- CPSA preparing doctors for decriminalization of Physician-Assisted Death (September 9, 2015)
- Benzodiazepines added to Alberta’s drug monitoring list (July 20, 2015)
- Doctors have new rules for after-hours patient care and critical test results (June 11, 2015)
- Ali, Dr. Habeeb Tunde - Concluded, decision publication pending (re-posted Jan. 6, 2017)
- Al-Ghamdi, Dr. Mohammed - In progress (posted Jun. 10, 2016)
- Alshawabkeh, Dr. Tariq - In progress (posted Mar. 2, 2017)
- Dicken, Dr. Bryan - Concluded (posted Mar. 13, 2017)
- Graff, Dr. Michael - Confirmed (posted Dec. 22, 2016)
- Hafiz, Dr. Hasan - Postponed (posted Jun. 20, 2016)
- Hayes, Dr. Dennis - Concluded (re-posted Feb. 6, 2017)
- Hudson, Dr. Brianne - Concluded (posted Mar. 16, 2017)
- Mausolf, Dr. Susanne - Postponed (posted Mar. 8, 2017)
- Taher, Dr. Ismail - Adjourned. Date TBA (posted Jan. 13, 2017)
- Torbey, Dr. Camille - In Appeal to Council on Thursday, Mar. 2, 2017 at 9:00 AM (updated Jan. 16, 2016)
- Van Zyl, Dr. Chris - Confirmed (posted Feb 8, 2017)
What We Do
We review physician education, post-graduate training and, when necessary, arrange assessments to determine whether applicants are ready to practise. Physician qualifications and practice details are reviewed annually.
(e.g. diagnostic imaging, laboratories, non-hospital surgical services) We inspect facilities, using stringent clinical and safety standards, and approve the physicians who work in these facilities.
Operating outside the disciplinary process of the College, we regularly assess our members against expected competencies and standards, and educate and support them to implement any necessary practice improvements.
We favor an educational or training approach, but apply discipline if necessary.
The College welcomes the opportunity to share its views with government and other healthcare partners and participate in building a strong health care system for Albertans.
The Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice and Code of Conduct outline the College’s expectations of Alberta physicians.