Find a Physician
COVID-19 Resources for physicians (Last updated: June 29, 2020)We have collected helpful resources for physicians to reference during the COVID-19 pandemic. Check back often for updates. See more information and resources for physicians during COVID-19
To do our part to keep Albertans safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the team at CPSA is working remotely until further notice. If you need assistance, we are still available via phone and email during normal business hours.
- Possible phone scam: physicians asked for personal information for a supposed complaint (7/10/2020)
- July Messenger: Discrimination has no place in medicine. Also in this issue: Consultation 018 reminder, 2020 Council Election nominations open next month and navigating how to give bad news in a new patient/physician environment (7/9/2020)
- Discrimination has no place in medicine (7/9/2020)
- Special July 15th Council Meeting. See what’s on the agenda. (7/8/2020)
- Alberta Government announces amendment to Health Professions Act, composition of CPSA Council to change effective April 1, 2021 (7/6/2020)
- Read CPSA’s statement about the Queen Elizabeth II Hospital incident in Grande Prairie, Alberta (7/3/2020)
- Upcoming hearing on sanction: Dr. John Slanina, Aug. 5, 2020 (6/29/2020)
- Read our 2019 Annual Report: Who is CPSA? This is the future of medical regulation. (6/26/2020)
- Dr. Gulnaz (“Gul”) Jiwa of Edmonton found not guilty of unprofessional conduct (6/18/2020)
- Dr. Moises Lasaleta of Calgary sanctioned for inappropriate relationship with patient (6/16/2020)
The College consults with physicians, government, healthcare organizations and other interested parties on draft new and amended standards of practice and other key documents before approval by Council. Learn more about the consultation process.